Learn how we handle data at Markettailor
This policy is effective as of 8 August 2022.
Your privacy is important to us. It is Markettailor Oy's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, www.markettailor.io, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
2. 3rd party integrations
Any use of 3rd party data integrations within the service happens at the explicit permission of the user and consent screens are prompted before connecting any of the 3rd party integrations.
The usage of the integrations will be minimal to provide the services requested by the user upon signing up to use the service.
We do not use or need to use 3rd party cookies to provide the Markettailor personalized experiences. We solely use 1st party cookies for the reasons mentioned below under section "What data is gathered about website visitors?".
Under the current GDPR cookie definitions, the Markettailor personalized experiences uses mainly Analytics and Preferences cookies. We do not work with advertisers to provide the personalized experiences and are therefore not a Marketing cookie.
Our public website markettailor.io may use Marketing cookies via 3rd party services to show re-marketing ads to users who have experessed interest in our service in the past.
4. What data is gathered about website visitors?
- Deciding which segments a visitor belongs in and thus serving the personalized content
- Maintaining segment decision between page views
- Billing per unique visitor, not by page view
- Tracking conversion events and personalization performance
- Identifying the country of the visitor to determine the applicable privacy law
We do not sell any of this data to third parties.
4.2. Data points
- Visitor id (generated by us)
- IP address
- User agent (determined by the type of the device, the operating system and the browser)
- Pages viewed, the viewing time and date, how long the site was viewed and page interactions
- Preferred language of the browser
- Page Referrer
- Domain of the company the visitor is associated with (e.g. if provided via a form)
- IDs linking to other services (at the time of writing: Segment, Google Analytics)
5. What data is gathered about the users/customers of Markettailor?
- Enabling the service (personalizations and monitoring their performance)
- Determining how you want to be contacted
- Handling subscriptions and billing
- Enabling secure login
- Improving our service and gathering feedback
- Marketing and sales purposes including eg. Linkedin communications and event invites
We do not sell any of this data to third parties
5.2. Data points
- Registering information
- Last time logged in
- Company name and domain
- Configuration information
- Segmentation criteria
- Pages, personalizations and conversion events
- Payment information
- Interactions within our app
- Which features are being used and what problems a customer encountered
- CRM company and contact data if added to the account's outbound campaigns
- Any submitted payment details are handled in Stripe
6. Data processors
- MongoDB Atlas
7. Data retention
The visitor's browser retains the ID linking them to Markettailor. This data is deleted after one year of inactivity.
The user account data is deleted from our active system upon request within 7 days and from backups within 15 days of receiving the request. However, due to tax regulations, payment data will be retained for up to five full fiscal years from your cancellation of your account.
Any additional information can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org